THE YUMMIEST CRACKERS YOU WILL EVER TASTE!
When I first went gluten-free, I did what most people would do and searched the supermarket for gluten-free products. Wow, was that an awakening because if you have tried store-bought gluten-free products, you would know that they taste like cardboard! In my quest to find a cracker that I could have on hand for quick lunches and snacks, I was driven into my kitchen to experiment and make my own. These delicious raw crackers contain nuts and seeds are so full of nutrients. Always make sure that you activate your nuts and seeds first if you want to enjoy the maximum benefits from them. Nuts are such a nutritious and valuable food. They are full of protein and many essential micro-nutrients and minerals. By activating, nuts, seeds and legumes become bioactive. However, nuts also contain phytic acid which stops our body from absorbing the wonderful enzymes that they contain. Phytic acid makes our digestive system work harder and nutrients are then lost.
Recipe type: Gluten-Free
Cuisine: Raw Food
- 2 cup almonds (soaked and rinsed)
- 2 cup walnuts (soaked and rinsed)
- 2 cup sunflower seeds (soaked and rinsed)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (soaked and rinsed)
- 6 tbs flaxseed
- 3 tbs hemp seeds
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 pieces of sun-dried capsicum (about 1 whole capsicum)
- 10 basil leaves and a handful of rocket leaves (include the flower as they look so pretty!)
- 1 tbs cumin
- 3 cloves of garlic finely minced – or more depending on your preferences!
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1-to-2 teaspoons dulse salt
- Add all ingredients except hemp seeds to your Vitamix.
- Process well, until quite well blended but still chunky. Do not over process as you want to be able to taste the individual flavours. At the end, mix hemp seeds through manually.
- Spread onto four dehydrator sheets.
- Dehydrate for 2 hours at 115. After two hours score the crackers with a knife so that they’ll be easier to separate later. Dehydrate for another 7 hours at 105 and then flip crackers and remove Teflex sheets. Dehydrate for 2-4 more hours at 105 until dry and cracker-like! Drying time depends on your dehydrator and how crunchy you like them.
- Enjoy! These are really nice with toppings but I often eat them on their own.