RAW PROTEIN CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Recipe type: RAW FOOD - DESSERTS/BREAKFAST
- 2 medium hass avocados, very ripe
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup coconut nectar OR ⅓ -1/2 cup of pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbspns chia seeds
- ⅓-1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (you could also use almond milk)
- 1 tspn organic vanilla extract (or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean or equivalent ground organic vanilla bean)
- ⅓ tspn dulse salt
- pinch of love and lots of lots of laughter
- Optional: toppings such as raw cacao nibs, gojiberries, shredded coconut, cranberries, blueberries,e etc. Great for breakfast, after work-out recovery or dessert!
- Add all ingredients except chia seeds into a bowl and blend to a smooth consistency. Judge how much coconut milk you need – I used ½ cup but it depends on how soft your avocados are.
- Add the chia seeds at the end and mix through – these will plump up and absorb the liquid which is another reason, I use ½ cup coconut milk.
- Add your toppings – I used cacao nibs for one, fresh shredded coconut for another, and organic gojiberries for the third.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the chia seeds plump up