- 2 cups black or green lentils (rinsed well)
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 shallots peeled and thickly sliced
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup gluten-free red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the lentils in a large pot and cover with water to 2 cm above beans.
- Add parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes until lentils are tender, not mushy.
- While the lentils are simmering, combine the ingredients for dressing and whisk briskly.
- Drain water.
- Add dressing to lentils and serve warm.