Recipe type: CARROT CAKE
- 500 g (3 large) grated carrots
- 3 free-range eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups (300 g) almond meal
- ¼ cup (60 ml) macadamia nut or olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 160 C.
- 2. Combine carrot, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, almond meal, oil, honey, raisins and baking powder. Mix well until combined.
- Pour into a prepared 20 cm baking tin.
- Bake for 1 – 1½ hours or until cooked through.
- Cover if necessary with foil.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely in the tin before removing it.
- Serve alone or topped with thick coconut yoghurt or topping of your choice. Keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days – it freezes well too!