This soup is great with a little nut cheese (if you are vegan) or parmesan cheese or organic cheddar sprinkled on top of your bowl. The soup is also a great place to use up leftovers. Toss in whole grains, seeds, beans, or leftover veggies to give it a little extra kick.
Recipe type: BROCCOLI SOUP
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- Water to cover vegetables
- Cut off the florets of the broccoli so that you have almost no portion of the stalk and place in a separate bowl.
- Cut the stalks of the broccoli and the sweet potato into small pieces.
- Place in a medium pot and fill with water just until the veggies are covered and bring to a boil.
- Cook until soft, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove broccoli and potato from the water and blend in blender.
- Slowly add the water from the pot to your blender until you get a good soup consistency.
- Add garlic and tamari, and blend.
- Place soup back in the pot, add broccoli florets and capsicum
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Serve hot with a little fresh ground pepper.