Recipe type: BANANA BREAD
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 extra large organic eggs
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 30g organic butter, melted and cooled (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1¼ cups gluten-free plain flour, sifted
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened, desiccated coconut
- 1 ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For the cake, preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease a loaf pan. Line the bottoms of the pan with parchment paper.
- Add bananas, eggs, coconut milk, melted butter to a Vitamix. In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut, sugar, flours, baking powder, cinnamon and stir until well combined.
- Pour in the contents from the blender and whisk until combined.
- Pour the cake tin and and bake on a rack in the middle position for 40-50 minutes or skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool totally on a wire rack.
- Use a sharp serrated bread knife to cut the cake into thick slices