I’m curious, what’s your take on essential oils? Back in the day before I got into health and nutrition, I basically thought essential oils were just a nice fragrance that I could put in my oil burner. Sure I knew that lavender was great for stress and peppermint and rosemary were great for headaches but I had no idea how many uses there are for essential oils until I got into health and nutrition.
Today, I really value the many therapeutic uses of essential oils as well as the amazing versatility it gives me in the kitchen to create the most amazing raw foods. Now I am not talking about the cheap essential oils you get in the chemists, etc. I am talking about THERAPEUTIC GRADE YOUNG LIVING OILS which can be ingested and used in your foods and drinks as well as a huge range of skin care and homecare products. Essential oils are the aromatic liquids found within shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, resins and seeds. I like to call essential oils “nature’s living energy” because they contain unique constituents that provide a host of benefits.
Most essential oils are extracted from plant sources using steam distillation and are highly concentrated, making them far more potent than dried herbs. They are HIGHLY concentrated and can be 50 – 70 times more powerful than herbs!!
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE HEALING BENEFITS OF ESSENTIAL OILS?
Unlike dried herbs and supplements that need to be digested in the body before taking effect, essential oils act quickly in the body. When applied directly to the skin, essential oils penetrate through the skin quickly, circulating in the bloodstream within seconds! Essential oils get into every cell within 20 minutes and transport oxygen inside the cells to increase nutrient absorption and to help cells to detox. Therapeutic grade essential oils also:
1. Absorb quickly and easily
2. Increases oxygen uptake
3. Increases nutrient absorption
4. Detox and cleanse the cells
5. Boosts longevity
Did you know that just one drop of Young Living Peppermint Oil is equivalent to 28 cups of peppermint tea? That’s how potent they are!
HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS
1. TOPICALLY: Sometimes, I apply the oils directly to pressure points as my chosen perfume for the day. I get constant compliments on my fragrance and people are always surprised when they ask me what perfume I am wearing, and I tell them it is an essential oil. I also apply the oils via a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil, as a body lotion. I also use the oils in carrier oils as moisturizers. When I have trouble sleeping, I apply the Lavender Essential Oil to my wrists, temple and under my feet to get a great night’s sleep. There are literally hundreds of different ways that you can apply the oils topically and many are for medicinal purposes.
2. INHALE: As I write this blog, I have one of my favourite Young Living Oil Diffusers next me, releasing the beautiful smell of frankincense which is so spiritually uplifting. I have 3 different diffusers in various parts of the house and I even have a usb diffuser that I can plug into my car or take with me when I am doing one of my workshops.
3. INTERNALLY: Therapeutic grade oils feature regularly in both my raw foods and some of my baked foods. Young Living Oils are classified as dietary supplements in the United States where they are used for a whole range of conditions ranging from prostate health, digestion, skin problems to immunity, but that has not yet caught on with the Therapeutic Goods Association in Australia. However, I know that these oils are incredible from a therapeutic stand and I have been a long term user of many of the oils such as the Oregano Essential Oil. My throat has always been the weakest part of my body and whenever I feel a sore throat coming on, I put Oregano Essential Oil in a teaspoon of coconut oil under my tongue and I keep it there for approximately 2 minutes before swallowing. It has never failed to not work and in the days before I used to use essential oils, I would have a sore throat at least five times per year. Now, I can’t remember the last time I had one.
Over the next few months, I will share more exciting ways in which you can use essential oils, including some super yummy recipes plus some great skincare and homecare products that you can make with the ingredients in your kitchen. In the meantime, if you would like to know more about essential oils, please pop over to this website below to find out how you can buy them as a retailer, or join up for a very low cost to become a wholesaler and buy at wholesale prices. You get a minimum of 24% discount on all purchases. Who knows, you may want to make it a business opportunity! If you do, your discount can be higher. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Let’s talk! Schedule a complimentary 30 minute health consultation with me today – or pass this offer on to someone you care about!