I love my mother! For so many, many reasons but I admit one of them is because she has a lemon tree that produces so much fruit and I get to have them! Her tree has been particularly generous of late and so that inspired me to create a simple recipe that could utilize some of the lemons.
These raw lemon hemp balls are a great-standby. I put mine in the freezer and them will keep well for 3 months. It’s much better to throw these into your loved one’s lunch boxes (and that includes yours as well), than the commercial sugar-laden muesli bars that we are used to.
These taste absolutely divine and are so good for you! They are full of protein so they are a great item to have on standby to keep you going throughout the day. Hemp seeds are extremely nutritious and full of protein. They are also high in essential amino acids and they also have high amounts of fatty acids and fibre and vitamin E. It is great for cardio-vascular health as well as your immune system. Essentially this is a power-packed ball of pure health but super yummy! By adding in some chia seeds you are doubling your protein intake as well as ensuring that you get all the essential amino acids that our body needs for repair.
- 3 Tbs hemp seeds (extra needed if you want to roll your bliss balls in hemp seeds at the end)
- 1 cup organic raw almonds soaked for 2 hours
- 1 cup organic raw cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 2 cup organic flaked coconut (1 cup is for the mix, and another cup is to roll the balls in at the end. I also mix it up and add in fresh flaked coconut to roll them in at the end).
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- Juice of 2 organic lemons
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
It’s a bit embarrassing to write down the instructions because it is so simple! Mix and blend in a high-speed blender or processer. I use my Vitamix for this. At the end, shape into balls and coat in coconut and extra hemp seeds. Voila! Ready to eat!
Schedule a complimentary 30 minute health consultation with me today!